Mingus View Presbyterian Church. . .
. . . a fellowship of believers proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ through worship, nurture, and striving to exhibit the Kingdom of God to our community and the world.
April 10, 2022
“Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord. We bless you from the house of the Lord.” Psalm 119:26
You are invited to join us on Sunday for our 10:00 a.m. Worship Service in our sanctuary or with the broadcast on our Facebook page. This Sunday is Palm/Passion Sunday. Palm Sunday commemorates Jesus’ triumphal entry into Jerusalem. This Sunday is the beginning of Holy Week, the seven days leading up to Jesus’ suffering, death, and resurrection. Therefore we also acknowledge this day as “Passion Sunday.” The title of Jerry Hammon’s message is “From Heights to Depths” (Luke 19:28-40; Philippians 2:5-11). The Celebration Bell Choir will play “Hosanna.” The Chancel Choir will sing “Ride On! Ride On in Majesty!” Hymns will include “O Worship the King, All Glorious Above,” “Hosanna, Loud Hosanna” and “Ah, Holy Jesus.”
Monday Food Pantry Open, 9 – 11 a.m.
Tuesday Lenten Bible Study, 1:00 p.m.
Wednesday Crafternooners, 1:00 p.m.
Thursday Bell Choir Rehearsal, 1:00 p.m.
Maundy Thursday Service at Prescott Valley United Methodist,
Sommer Dr. 4:30 p.m.
Friday Good Friday Service at Mingus View, 5:00 p.m.
Opportunities for Holy Week and Easter
- “The Grace of Les Miserables,” our Bible study during Lent, concludes on Tuesday at 1:00 p.m.
- Prescott Valley United Methodist Church will host the service on Maundy Thursday, April 14th, at 4:30 p.m. The address of the church is 8944 E. Sommer Drive in Prescott Valley.
- Mingus View Presbyterian will host the service on Good Friday, April 15th, at 5:00 p.m.
- Next Sunday – Easter! Plan to remain after the service for a very special time of Fellowship hosted by Lillian Mayeda!
- One Great Hour of Sharing is the Presbyterian Church (USA)’s special offering for the Easter season and is the largest way that Presbyterians come together to work for a better world. Through OGHS, we help to stabilize and strengthen those who are weak. Gifts to OGHS support Presbyterian Disaster Assistance, the Presbyterian Hunger Program, and Self-Development of People. Envelopes may be found in the pockets on the back of the chairs. Your gifts are most appreciated and may be received anytime before Easter.
- Great News! Habitat for Humanity is back to building houses and they would love to have our weekly donations of homemade cookies! There is a sign-up sheet on the back bulletin board if you can help us out with a week or two! Please bring your cookies in on Sunday, and Emma Hall will deliver them.
- The Year of the Bible questions for the Week of April 10th are:
- Normally in Israel, rulers and leaders were men. What important judge in Israel was a woman?
- What is especially noteworthy about the manner in which Jesus heals the leper?
Answers next week!!
Answers from last week:
1. Who says, “Choose this day whom you will serve . . . but as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord”? (“Choose this day . . .” is said by Joshua. Joshua 24:15
2. Paul writes that he hopes to visit Roman Christians after going to Jerusalem. Where does he want to go after he sees the Roman Christians? (After visiting the Roman Christians, Paul hopes to go on to Spain. Romans 15:24)
- To most efficiently communicate with the pastors, please call or text or email:
Jerry Hammon – 520-586-4709 [email protected]
Susan Goe – 928-499-0044 [email protected]
THE YEAR OF THE BIBLE: Readings for April, 2022
Day 9 Joshua 23, 24/Romans 15 Day 10 Judges 1, 2/Romans 16
Day 11 Judges 3, 4/Mark 1 Day 12 Judges 5, 6/Psalms 40, 41
Day 13 Judges 7, 8/Mark 2 Day 14 Judges 9, 10/Mark 3
Day 15 Judges 11, 12/Psalms 42, 43 Day 16 Judges 13, 14/Mark 4
Day 17 Judges 15, 16/Mark 5 Day 18 Judges 17, 18/Mark 6
Day 19 Judges 19, 20/Psalm 44 Day 20 Judges 21/Mark 7
Day 21 Ruth 1, 2/Mark 8 Day 22 Ruth 3, 4/Psalm 45
Day 23 1 Samuel 1-3/Mark 9 Day 24 1 Samuel 4-6/Mark 10
Day 25 1 Samuel 7-9/Mark 11 Day 26 1 Samuel 10, 11/Psalms 46, 47
Day 27 1 Samuel 12, 13/Mark 12 Day 28 1 Samuel 14, 15/Mark 13
Day 29 1 Samuel 16, 17/Psalm 48 Day 30 1 Samuel 18, 19/Mark 14