Mingus View Presbyterian Church. . .
. . . a fellowship of believers proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ through worship, nurture, and striving to exhibit the Kingdom of God to our community and the world.
Sunday, August 23, 2020, 10:00 a.m.
21st Sunday in Ordinary Time
“Jesus said to them, ‘But who do you say that I am?’ Simon Peter answered,
‘You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.’”
You are invited to join our 10:00 a.m. Sunday morning worship service either in person or at home viewing our Facebook page. Our building is open for worship, but we have strict safety procedures in place, including a requirement that all wear masks. Guest speaker Jerry Hammon’s sermon is entitled “Holy and Acceptable to God” (Romans 12:1-8). Our hymns, which will be spoken not sung, are “The Church’s One Foundation”, and “The Servant Song.”
- THIS WEEK: Although the church building is open for in-person worship and for our outside groups, our church office remains closed. Pastor Lois Hildenbrand returns from vacation tomorrow. Calls to the church phone number are being forwarded to the pastor.
- THE MINGUS VIEW FOOD PANTRY IS OPEN with a limited contact plan of distribution. Same hours as before: Monday and Thursday, 9 – 11 a.m.
- Food Pantry Needs: Cereal, canned fruit and vegetables, Spam, soup, peanut butter & jelly, pasta, paper products, personal care products, baby diapers and pull-ups, canned tuna, canned chicken. Thank you!
NEW GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES
FOR IN-PERSON WORSHIP
- Please enter through the doors at the top of the ramp.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed throughout the building. Please use sanitizer after opening the door and before entering the sanctuary.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask. If you don’t have a mask, one will be provided for you.
- Social distancing of a minimum of six feet will be required in the seating in the sanctuary. Couples and family members may put chairs closer together, as long as the six foot requirement around other chairs is maintained.
- Worship bulletins will be placed on each chair. There will be no hymnals or Bibles. You are welcome to bring your own Bible as long as you keep it with your person.
- There will be no singing. Hymns and responses may be used in the service but will be spoken.
- There will be no communion during July and August. If conditions have improved by September, a method of limited-contact communion will be used.
- There will be no passing of offering plates. A plate is located at the back of the sanctuary to receive your gifts.
- Passing of peace will be done in place, without physical contact and walking around, please.
- Fellowship Hour has been suspended. After the service, please leave the sanctuary in an orderly fashion, maintaining social distance.
- The service will continue to be available on-line for those who prefer not to attend worship in person.
THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING! WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN WORSHIP SOON!
MINGUS VIEW PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
ALL ARE WELCOME
Our Sunday worship service begins at 10:00 a.m. Following the guidelines of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Book of Order, our weekly worship is planned around five major actions:
- Gathering around the word – a joyous time of song and greeting one another in the name of Christ, as well as preparing our hearts to receive the Word by confessing our sins.
- Proclaiming the word – readings from the Old & New Testaments, special music from our choir or soloists, and a sermon based on the Scripture.
- Responding to the word – we respond to the Good News of God’s word to us through our prayers and offerings.
- The sealing of the word – a benediction and blessings send us out.
- Bearing and following the word into the world – it is now our responsibility to take what we heard and live our lives to God’s glory.
At Mingus View, we celebrate the Sacrament of Communion on the first Sunday of every month. All are welcome to the Lord’s table. Gluten-free bread and plain water are available for those unable to eat the traditional communion food.