Mingus View Presbyterian Church. . .
. . . a fellowship of believers proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ through worship, nurture, and striving to exhibit the Kingdom of God to our community and the world.
Sunday, June 28, 2020, 10:00 a.m.
13th Sunday in Ordinary Time
“Whoever welcomes you welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. . . and whoever gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones in the name of a disciple – truly I tell you, none of these will lose their reward.” Matthew 10:40, 42
You are invited to join our Sunday morning worship service live at 10:00 a.m. on our Facebook page. Pastor Lois Hildenbrand’s sermon is entitled “Binding Sacrifice” (Genesis 22:1 – 14 . Hymns for the day are, “Rejoice, Ye Pure in Heart”, “Trust and Obey” and “O Jesus I Have Promised.”
THIS WEEK: The church building remains closed for this week. Pastor Lois Hildenbrand is on vacation. Calls to the church phone number are being forwarded to the clerk of session, Susan Goe. If you have need of pastoral care during July and August, please call the church number, Jerry Hammon , or your pastoral deacon. We may also be reached through text messages and e-mails. Thank you for understanding.
THE MINGUS VIEW FOOD PANTRY IS OPEN with a no contact plan of distribution. Same hours as before: Monday and Thursday, 9 – 11 a.m.
Food Pantry Needs: Pretty much everything – canned fruit and vegetables, Spam, soup, peanut butter & jelly, pasta, paper products, personal care products, canned tuna, canned chicken – whatever you can contribute! Thank you!
NEXT SUNDAY: The building reopens for in-person worship for all those comfortable with attending. Please don’t feel pressured to do so. The guidelines and procedures that all were sent this past week will be followed.
MINGUS VIEW PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
ALL ARE WELCOME
Our Sunday worship service begins at 10:00 a.m. Following the guidelines of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Book of Order, our weekly worship is planned around five major actions:
- Gathering around the word – a joyous time of song and greeting one another in the name of Christ, as well as preparing our hearts to receive the Word by confessing our sins.
- Proclaiming the word – readings from the Old & New Testaments, special music from our choir or soloists, and a sermon based on the Scripture.
- Responding to the word – we respond to the Good News of God’s word to us through our prayers and offerings.
- The sealing of the word – a benediction and blessings send us out.
- Bearing and following the word into the world – it is now our responsibility to take what we heard and live our lives to God’s glory.
At Mingus View, we celebrate the Sacrament of Communion on the first Sunday of every month. All are welcome to the Lord’s table. Gluten-free bread and plain water are available for those unable to eat the traditional communion food.