Mingus View Presbyterian Church. . .
. . . a fellowship of believers proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ through worship, nurture, and striving to exhibit the Kingdom of God to our community and the world.
Sunday, November 22, 2020, 10:00 a.m.
Christ the King/Reign of Christ Sunday
“God put this power to work in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the age to come.” Ephesians 1:20-21
You are invited to join our 10:00 a.m. Sunday morning worship service either in person or at home viewing our Facebook page. Our building is open for worship, but we have strict safety procedures in place, including a requirement that all wear masks. The sermon will be given by Jerry Hammon and is entitled “God’s Expectations” (Matthew 25:31 – 46). Our hymns, which will be spoken not sung, are “Now Thank We All Our God”, “All Hail the Power of Jesus’ Name” and “The Church of Christ in Every Age.” Special music will be offered by Janet Hansen and Fran Chadwick singing “Bringing in the Sheaves.”
- Although the church building is open for in-person worship and for our outside groups, our church office remains closed. Calls to the church phone number are being forwarded to Susan Goe.
- Important Announcement Regarding the Food Pantry – Because we are finding it challenging to keep the Pantry stocked and because some clients visit more the once a week, the Mission & Stewardship Committee has given the approval to just be open once a week, on Mondays, at least for the present time. Pantry volunteers will monitor the need and make recommendations as to the need and other sources of supplies are being investigated. Thank you for continuing to support the Food Pantry with your donations!
- Next Sunday – the 1st Sunday in Advent. During the worship service, the congregation will be helping to decorate the Chrismon Tree. Also, the Advent Adult Faith Formation Class – “Names for the Messiah,” will begin, downstairs, following the worship service.
- THIS WEEK!!
Monday Food Pantry Open, 9-11
Wednesday Crafternooners, 12 noon; downstairs,
bring your own lunch
Thursday Have a Safe & Happy Thanksgiving!
NEW GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES
FOR IN-PERSON WORSHIP
- Please enter through the doors at the top of the ramp.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed throughout the building. Please use sanitizer after opening the door and before entering the sanctuary.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask. If you don’t have a mask, one will be provided for you.
- Social distancing of a minimum of six feet will be required in the seating in the sanctuary. Couples and family members may put chairs closer together, as long as the six foot requirement around other chairs is maintained.
- Worship bulletins will be placed on each chair. There will be no hymnals or Bibles. You are welcome to bring your own Bible as long as you keep it with your person.
- There will be no singing. Hymns and responses may be used in the service but will be spoken.
- There will be no communion during July and August. If conditions have improved by September, a method of limited-contact communion will be used.
- There will be no passing of offering plates. A plate is located at the back of the sanctuary to receive your gifts.
- Passing of peace will be done in place, without physical contact and walking around, please.
- Fellowship Hour has been suspended. After the service, please leave the sanctuary in an orderly fashion, maintaining social distance.
- The service will continue to be available on-line for those who prefer not to attend worship in person.
THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING! WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN WORSHIP SOON!
MINGUS VIEW PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
ALL ARE WELCOME
Our Sunday worship service begins at 10:00 a.m. Following the guidelines of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Book of Order, our weekly worship is planned around five major actions:
- Gathering around the word – a joyous time of song and greeting one another in the name of Christ, as well as preparing our hearts to receive the Word by confessing our sins.
- Proclaiming the word – readings from the Old & New Testaments, special music from our choir or soloists, and a sermon based on the Scripture.
- Responding to the word – we respond to the Good News of God’s word to us through our prayers and offerings.
- The sealing of the word – a benediction and blessings send us out.
- Bearing and following the word into the world – it is now our responsibility to take what we heard and live our lives to God’s glory.
At Mingus View, we celebrate the Sacrament of Communion on the first Sunday of every month. All are welcome to the Lord’s table. Gluten-free bread and plain water are available for those unable to eat the traditional communion food.