Mingus View Presbyterian Church. . .
. . . a fellowship of believers proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ through worship, nurture, and striving to exhibit the Kingdom of God to our community and the world.
October 31, 2021
“Therefore, since we are justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have obtained access to this grace in which we stand.” Romans 5: 1-2a
You are invited to join our 10:00 a.m. Sunday worship service in our sanctuary or with the broadcast on our Facebook page. On this day, we celebrate the anniversary of the date in 1517 that Martin Luther nailed his list of arguments against the Roman Catholic Church, a major contributor the reformed church movement in Europe and England. The title of Susan Goe’s message is “The Church Reformed – Always Reforming” (Romans 5:1-2a; Ephesians 2:8-9; 2 Corinthians 5:17-21). Special music will be “O Lord of Life, Where’er They Be” sung by Janet Hansen and Fran Chadwick. Hymns will include “Holy, Holy, Holy!” “Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing,” and “A Mighty Fortress is Our God.”
Monday Food Pantry Open, 9 – 11 a.m.
Tuesday Merry Widows & Widowers Luncheon, 11:30 a.m.
Wednesday Crafternooners, 1:00 p.m.
Thursday Bell Choir Rehearsal, 1:00 p.m.
- Greeters and hosts for Fellowship Hour are needed! Sign up sheets are posted on the back bulletin board.
- The Session of Mingus View Presbyterian Church has called for the Fall meeting of the Congregation for TODAY, Sunday, October 31, 2021, at the close of the worship service. The purpose of the meeting is to elect church officers and receive the 2022 Budget for information.
- Next Sunday – Celebration of All Saints! Our worship service of Holy Communion will also include a time of remembrance for all the saints who have gone before us.
- It’s almost time for the Mingus View CRAFT FAIRE & BAKE SHOPPE, November 5th & 6th! If you have a favorite recipe you’d like to bake and contribute to the Bake Shoppe, please speak to Lillian Mayeda. Invite your friends and plan to support our vendors.
- To most efficiently communicate with the pastors, please call or text or email:
Jerry Hammon – 520-586-4709 firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Goe – 928-499-0044 email@example.com
Fri. NOV. 5th 9:00 – 3:00
Sat. NOV. 6th 9:00 – 2:00
SCRIPTURE READINGS FOR THE WEEK:
Monday: Psalm 56 Thursday: Psalm 70
Luke 12:49-59 Luke 13:18-30
Tuesday: Psalm 61 Friday: Psalm 69:1-23
Luke 13:1-9 Luke 13:13-35
Wednesday: Psalm 72 Saturday: Psalm 75
Luke 13:10-17 Luke 14:1-11