ALL ARE WELCOME TO WORSHIP WITH US AT MINGUS VIEW PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH!
Our Sunday worship service begins at 10:00 a.m. Following the guidelines of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Book of Order, our weekly worship is planned around five major actions:
- Gathering around the word – a joyous time of song and greeting one another in the name of Christ, as well as preparing our hearts to receive the Word by confessing our sins.
- Proclaiming the word – readings from the Old & New Testaments, special music from our choir or soloists, and a sermon based on the Scripture.
- Responding to the word – we respond to the Good News of God’s word to us through our prayers and offerings.
- The sealing of the word – a benediction and blessings send us out.
- Bearing and following the word into the world – it is now our responsibility to take what we heard and live our lives to God’s glory.
At Mingus View, we celebrate the Sacrament of Communion on the first Sunday of every month. All are welcome to the Lord’s table. Gluten-free bread and plain water are available for those unable to eat the traditional communion food.
Information about worship at Mingus View Presbyterian Church on Sunday, February 19, 2017, 10:00 a.m.
7th Sunday in Ordinary Time
We gather this morning as a community of God’s people to offer ourselves afresh in adoration to God, to conform our minds more nearly to the mind of Christ, to receive the renewing gift of the Holy Spirit.
The topic of Rev. Lloyd Evans’ sermon is “Living From the Inside Out” (Matthew 5:38-48; Leviticus 19:1-2, 9-18). The Mingus View choir will sing “All to Us”, by Chris Tomlin.