ALL ARE WELCOME TO WORSHIP WITH US AT MINGUS VIEW PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH!
Our Sunday worship service begins at 10:00 a.m. Following the guidelines of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Book of Order, our weekly worship is planned around five major actions:
- Gathering around the word – a joyous time of song and greeting one another in the name of Christ, as well as preparing our hearts to receive the Word by confessing our sins.
- Proclaiming the word – readings from the Old & New Testaments, special music from our choir or soloists, and a sermon based on the Scripture.
- Responding to the word – we respond to the Good News of God’s word to us through our prayers and offerings.
- The sealing of the word – a benediction and blessings send us out.
- Bearing and following the word into the world – it is now our responsibility to take what we heard and live our lives to God’s glory.
At Mingus View, we celebrate the Sacrament of Communion on the first Sunday of every month. All are welcome to the Lord’s table. Gluten-free bread and plain water are available for those unable to eat the traditional communion food.
Information about worship at Mingus View Presbyterian Church on Sunday, January 15, 2017, 10:00 a.m.
2nd Sunday in Ordinary Time/Race Relations Sunday
O God, you created all people in your image. We thank you for the astonishing variety of races and cultures in the world. Enrich our lives by ever-widening circles of friendship, and show us your presence in those who differ most from us, until our knowledge of your love is made perfect in our love for all your children; through your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
The theme for Sunday’s service is Race Relations. We will light the Peace Candle as share a liturgy for Japanese American Remembrance. The topic of Rev. Lloyd Evans’ sermon is “A Clear Commission” (Matthew 25: 34-40; Acts 10:34-43; Psalm 40: 1-11). The Mingus View choir will sing “By Our Love” by Peter Scholtes.