ALL ARE WELCOME TO WORSHIP WITH US AT MINGUS VIEW PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH!
Our Sunday worship service begins at 10:00 a.m. Following the guidelines of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Book of Order, our weekly worship is planned around five major actions:
- Gathering around the word – a joyous time of song and greeting one another in the name of Christ, as well as preparing our hearts to receive the Word by confessing our sins.
- Proclaiming the word – readings from the Old & New Testaments, special music from our choir or soloists, and a sermon based on the Scripture.
- Responding to the word – we respond to the Good News of God’s word to us through our prayers and offerings.
- The sealing of the word – a benediction and blessings send us out.
- Bearing and following the word into the world – it is now our responsibility to take what we heard and live our lives to God’s glory.
At Mingus View, we celebrate the Sacrament of Communion on the first Sunday of every month. All are welcome to the Lord’s table. Gluten-free bread and plain water are available for those unable to eat the traditional communion food.
Information about worship at Mingus View Presbyterian Church on Sunday, August 28, 2016, 10:00 a.m.
The 22nd Sunday in Ordinary Time
“Sing aloud to God our strength; shout for joy to the God of Jacob. Raise a song, sound the tambourine, the sweet lyre with the harp.” Psalm 81:1-2
Rev. Lloyd Evans will preach on the topic “Humility” (Luke 14:1,7-14; Hebrews 13:1-8,15-16; Jeremiah 2:4-13). The choir anthem will be “Thy Word”, by Michael W. Smith & Amy Grant.