ALL ARE WELCOME TO WORSHIP WITH US AT MINGUS VIEW PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH!
Our Sunday worship service begins at 10:00 a.m. Following the guidelines of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Book of Order, our weekly worship is planned around five major actions:
- Gathering around the word – a joyous time of song and greeting one another in the name of Christ, as well as preparing our hearts to receive the Word by confessing our sins.
- Proclaiming the word – readings from the Old & New Testaments, special music from our choir or soloists, and a sermon based on the Scripture.
- Responding to the word – we respond to the Good News of God’s word to us through our prayers and offerings.
- The sealing of the word – a benediction and blessings send us out.
- Bearing and following the word into the world – it is now our responsibility to take what we heard and live our lives to God’s glory.
At Mingus View, we celebrate the Sacrament of Communion on the first Sunday of every month. All are welcome to the Lord’s table. Gluten-free bread and plain water are available for those unable to eat the traditional communion food.
Information about worship at Mingus View Presbyterian Church on Sunday, December 11, 2016, 10:00 a.m.
Third Sunday of Advent
“Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and will not be afraid, for the Lord God is my strength and my might; he has become my salvation. With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation and you will say in that day: Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make know his deeds among the nations; proclaim that his name is exalted.” Isaiah 12: 1-2
This is the Third Sunday of Advent – the season preparing us to receive the gift of the Christ Child. Each Sunday, we emphasize a particular aspect of anticipation. For the third Sunday, the focus will be on JOY. Rev. Lloyd Evans will preach on the topic “The Darkness Before Dawn” (Isaiah 35:1-10; Matthew 11:2-11;
James 5:7-10). The choir anthem will be “Rejoice and Be Merry by Tom Fettke & Thomas Grassi.