ALL ARE WELCOME TO WORSHIP WITH US AT MINGUS VIEW PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH!
Our Sunday worship service begins at 10:00 a.m. Following the guidelines of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Book of Order, our weekly worship is planned around five major actions:
- Gathering around the word – a joyous time of song and greeting one another in the name of Christ, as well as preparing our hearts to receive the Word by confessing our sins.
- Proclaiming the word – readings from the Old & New Testaments, special music from our choir or soloists, and a sermon based on the Scripture.
- Responding to the word – we respond to the Good News of God’s word to us through our prayers and offerings.
- The sealing of the word – a benediction and blessings send us out.
- Bearing and following the word into the world – it is now our responsibility to take what we heard and live our lives to God’s glory.
At Mingus View, we celebrate the Sacrament of Communion on the first Sunday of every month. All are welcome to the Lord’s table. Gluten-free bread and plain water are available for those unable to eat the traditional communion food.
Information about worship at Mingus View Presbyterian Church on Sunday, October 23, 2016, 10:00 a.m.
The 30th Sunday in Ordinary Time
The spirit gathers us to worship. God builds us up in faith, hope, and love, so that we may go into the world to proclaim the gospel and work for justice and peace. Let us worship God together.
Rev. Lloyd Evans will preach on the topic “Black & White.” (Luke 18: 9 – 17; Psalm 65). Choir anthem will be “Be Strong in the Lord”, by Tom Fettke.