ALL ARE WELCOME TO WORSHIP WITH US AT MINGUS VIEW PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH!
Our Sunday worship service begins at 10:00 a.m. Following the guidelines of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) Book of Order, our weekly worship is planned around five major actions:
- Gathering around the word – a joyous time of song and greeting one another in the name of Christ, as well as preparing our hearts to receive the Word by confessing our sins.
- Proclaiming the word – readings from the Old & New Testaments, special music from our choir or soloists, and a sermon based on the Scripture.
- Responding to the word – we respond to the Good News of God’s word to us through our prayers and offerings.
- The sealing of the word – a benediction and blessings send us out.
- Bearing and following the word into the world – it is now our responsibility to take what we heard and live our lives to God’s glory.
At Mingus View, we celebrate the Sacrament of Communion on the first Sunday of every month. All are welcome to the Lord’s table. Gluten-free bread and plain water are available for those unable to eat the traditional communion food.
Information about worship at Mingus View Presbyterian Church on Sunday, September 25, 2016, 10:00 a.m.
The 26th Sunday in Ordinary Time
“The Lord is in his holy temple. Let all earth keep silence before him.”
Rev. Lloyd Evans will preach on the topic “How are We Supposed to Live?” (Luke 16:19-31; 1 Timothy 6: 6-19; Psalm 91:1-6,14-16). The choir anthem will be “Satisfied”, by Tom Matsumura.
NEXT SUNDAY: World Communion Sunday