Mingus View Presbyterian Church. . .
. . . a fellowship of believers proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ through worship, nurture, and striving to exhibit the Kingdom of God to our community and the world.
April 3, 2022
5th Sunday in Lent
“The Lord has done great things for us and we are
filled with joy.” Psalm 126:3
You are invited to join us on Sunday for our 10:00 a.m. Worship Service in our sanctuary or with the broadcast on our Facebook page. The title of Susan Goe’s message is “The Cost of Extravagance” (John 12:1-8; Isaiah 43:16-21). The sacrament of Holy Communion will be celebrated. The Choir will sing “My Shepherd Will Supply My Need.” Hymns will include “Jesus, Thy Boundless Love to Me,” “Jesus, Thou Joy of Loving Hearts” and “Beneath the Cross of Jesus.”
Monday Food Pantry Open, 9 – 11 a.m.
Tuesday Merry Widows/Widowers Luncheon, 11:30 a.m.
Lenten Bible Study, 1:00 p.m.
Wednesday Crafternooners, 1:00 p.m.
Thursday Bell Choir Rehearsal, 1:00 p.m.
Friday Outreach, 8:45 a.m.
- Great News! Habitat for Humanity is back to building houses and they would love to have our weekly donations of homemade cookies! There is a sign-up sheet on the back bulletin board if you can help us out with a week or two! Please bring your cookies in on Sunday, and Emma Hall will deliver them.
- One Great Hour of Sharing is the Presbyterian Church (USA)’s special offering for the Easter season and is the largest way that Presbyterians come together to work for a better world. Through OGHS, we help to stabilize and strengthen those who are weak. Gifts to OGHS support Presbyterian Disaster Assistance, the Presbyterian Hunger Program, and Self-Development of People. Envelopes may be found in the pockets on the back of the chairs. Your gifts are most appreciated and may be received anytime before Easter.
- “The Grace of Les Miserables” is our Bible study during Lent. Join us on Tuesday afternoons at 1:00 p.m.
- The Year of the Bible questions for the Week of April 3rd are:
- Who says, “Choose this day whom you will serve . . . but as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord”?
- Paul write that he hope to visit Roman Christians after going to Jerusalem. Where does he want to go after he sees the Roman Christians?
Answers next week!!
Answers from last week:
- While “the wages of sin” is death, according to Paul, what does God offer freely because of Christ? (The wages of sin is death, but God’s free gift in Christ is eternal life. – Romans 6:23)
- What sign does Rahab use to indicate her house so that it will be spared when Israel takes Jericho? (Rahab ties a crimson cord in her window as a sign to the Israelites to spare her house when they take Jericho. – Joshua 2:18)
- To most efficiently communicate with the pastors, please call or text or email:
Jerry Hammon – 520-586-4709 email@example.com
Susan Goe – 928-499-0044 firstname.lastname@example.org
THE YEAR OF THE BIBLE: Readings for April, 2022
Day 3 Joshua 6, 7/Romans 11 Day 4: Joshua 8, 9/Romans 12
Day 5 Joshua 10, 11/Psalm 38 Day 6 Joshua 12-15/Romans 13
Day 7 Joshua 16-19/Romans 14 Day 8 Joshua 20-22/Psalm 39
Day 9 Joshua 23, 24/Romans 15 Day 10 Judges 1, 2/Romans 16
Day 11 Judges 3, 4/Mark 1 Day 12 Judges 5, 6/Psalms 40, 41
Day 13 Judges 7, 8/Mark 2 Day 14 Judges 9, 10/Mark 3
Day 15 Judges 11, 12/Psalms 42, 43 Day 16 Judges 13, 14/Mark 4
Day 17 Judges 15, 16/Mark 5 Day 18 Judges 17, 18/Mark 6
Day 19 Judges 19, 20/Psalm 44 Day 20 Judges 21/Mark 7
Day 21 Ruth 1, 2/Mark 8 Day 22 Ruth 3, 4/Psalm 45
Day 23 1 Samuel 1-3/Mark 9 Day 24 1 Samuel 4-6/Mark 10
Day 25 1 Samuel 7-9/Mark 11 Day 26 1 Samuel 10, 11/Psalms 46, 47
Day 27 1 Samuel 12, 13/Mark 12 Day 28 1 Samuel 14, 15/Mark 13
Day 29 1 Samuel 16, 17/Psalm 48 Day 30 1 Samuel 18, 19/Mark 14