Mingus View Presbyterian Church. . .
. . . a fellowship of believers proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ through worship, nurture, and striving to exhibit the Kingdom of God to our community and the world.
January 1, 2023
Celebrating the Epiphany of the Lord
“When they saw that the star had stopped, they were overwhelmed with joy. On entering the house, they saw the child with Mary his mother; and they knelt down and paid him homage.” Matthew 2:10-11
Happy New Year! You are invited to join us on Sunday for our 10:00 a.m. worship service, either in person or on Face Book. The title of Susan Goe’s sermon is “The Importance of Dreams” (Psalm 148; Matthew 2: 1 – 23.) The sacrament of Holy Communion will be celebrated. The Chancel Choir will sing “As With Gladness Men of Old.” Hymns for the day include “The First Noel,” “Gentle Mary Laid Her Child,” and “We Three Kings of Orient Are.”
Monday Food Pantry Open, 9 – 11 a.m.
Tuesday Merry Widows & Widowers Luncheon, 11:30 a.m.
Wednesday Crafternooners, 1:00 p.m.
Thursday Bell Choir Rehearsal, 1:00 p.m.
Saturday Worship Team Meeting, 9:30 a.m.
Un-decorate the Sanctuary, 10:00 a.m.
- Annual Reports are Due! Just a reminder to moderators of all committees and groups, reports for the 2022 Annual Report are due as soon as possible. Speak to Susan Goe if you have any questions.
- The Merry Widows & Widowers Group will meet for lunch on Tuesday, January 3rd, at 11:30 a.m.
- The Annual Church Officer Retreat is scheduled for Saturday, January 14th, beginning at 9:00 a.m. All elders and deacons, including those recently elected, are expected to attend.
- CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who completed the Year of the Bible daily readings! That is no small accomplishment!
The Year of the Bible answers from last week:
- Which prophet tells us that a messenger will be sent to prepare the way before the appearance of the Lord? (Malachi tells us that a messenger will be sent. Malachi 3:1.)
- Why will there be no temple in the new Jerusalem?(There will be no temple because the Lord God and the Lamb will themselves function as the temple, that is, the d and human beings meet. Revelation 21-22).
SCRIPTURE READINGS FOR THE WEEK:
Monday: Psalm 48 Thursday: Psalm 99
Genesis 12:1-7 Joshua 1:1-9
John 6:35-42 John 15:1-16
Tuesday: Psalm 111 Friday: Psalm 72
Genesis 28:10-22 Isaiah 52:7-10
John 10:7-17 Matthew 12:14-21
Wednesday: Psalm 20 Saturday: Psalm 46
Exodus 3:1-5 Isaiah 52:3-6
John 14:6-14 John 2:1-11