Mingus View Presbyterian Church. . .
. . . a fellowship of believers proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ through worship, nurture, and striving to exhibit the Kingdom of God to our community and the world.
October 2, 2022
17th Sunday after Pentecost
World Communion Sunday
“Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1
You are invited to join us on Sunday for our 10:00 a.m. Worship Service in our sanctuary or with the broadcast on Facebook. We will observe World Communion Sunday, sharing the joy of the Lord’s Supper with Christians around the world. The topic of Susan Goe’s sermon is “Put It On a Billboard” (Lamentations 1:1-7; Habakkuk 1:1-4, 2:1-4; Luke 17: 1-10.) Janet Hansen & Fran Chadwick will sing “Be Known to Us in Living Bread.” Hymns for the service include “O God of Every Nation” “I Come With Joy,” and “Blest Be the Tie that Binds.”
Monday Food Pantry Open, 9 – 11 a.m.
Tuesday Merry Widows & Widowers Luncheon, 11:30 a.m.
Wednesday Crafternooners, 1:00 p.m.
- The back bulletin board has sign-up sheets for several Mingus View activities! Greeters and hosts for Fellowship Hour are always needed. Also, The Craft Fair Committee is asking you to sign up to bake for the Craft & Bake Sale in November.
- Fill the Crib! The ladies of Hope Circle invite you to join them in their mission project to benefit the local Stepping Stones Shelter. Donations of diapers, personal care products and cleaning products will be greatly appreciated and may be placed in the white crib in the Narthex. THANK YOU!
- Food Pantry News – As always, thank you for all your donations. Our pantry continues to serve a large number of clients on Monday morning and lately, the Cupboard has been almost BARE! If you can manage an extra something when you go to the store this week, our community would greatly appreciate it!
- Looking Ahead! The Mission Team invites you to put on your best costume and participate in “Trunk or Treat” in the Mingus View parking lot on Halloween. Bring your favorite treats and come out to meet the neighbors!
- The Year of the Bible questions for the Week of October 2nd are:
- Who asks, “Can anything good come out of Nazareth?”
- When Jesus says that the temple has become a den of robbers, what prophet is he quoting?
Answers next week!!
Answers from last week:
1. Like Proverbs, what does Psalm 111 say is the beginning of wisdom? (Like Proverbs, Psalm 111 says that the “fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.” Psalm 111:10
- According to Hebrews, what cannot possibly take away sin? (Hebrews says that the blood of bulls and goats cannot possibly take away sin. Hebrews 10:4)
THE YEAR OF THE BIBLE: Readings for October, 2022
Day 1 Isaiah 61, 62/Hebrews 12 Day 2 Isaiah 63, 64/ Hebrews 13
Day 3 Isaiah 65 66/John 1 Day 4 Jeremiah 1, 2/Psalms 112, 113
Day 5 Jeremiah 3, 4/John 2 Day 6 Jeremiah 5, 6/ John 3
Day 7 Jeremiah 7, 8/Psalms 114,115 Day 8 Jeremiah 9, 10/ John 4
Day 9 Jeremiah 11,12/John 5 Day 10 Jeremiah 13, 14/ John 6
Day 11 Jeremiah 15, 16/Psalm 116 Day 12 Jeremiah 17, 18/ John 7
Day 13 Jeremiah 19,20/John 8 Day 14 Jeremiah 21,22/Psalms 117,118
Day 15 Jeremiah 23, 24/John 9 Day 16 Jeremiah 25, 26/John 10
Day 17 Jeremiah 27, 28/John 11 Day 18 Jeremiah 29-31/Psalm 119:1-24
Day 19 Jeremiah 32, 33/John 12 Day 20 Jeremiah 34, 35/John 13
Day 21 Jere. 36, 37/Psalm 119:25-48 Day 22 Jeremiah 38, 39/John 14
Day 23 Jeremiah 40, 41/John 15 Day 24 Jeremiah 42, 43/John 16
Day 25 Jere. 44-46/Psalm 119:49-72 Day 26 Jeremiah 47,48/John 17
Day 27 Jeremiah 49, 50/John 18 Day 28 Jere. 51,52/Psalm 119:73-96
Day 29 Lamentations1,2/John 19 Day 30 Lamentations 3-5/John 20
Day 31 Ezekiel 1/John 21