Mingus View Presbyterian Church. . .
. . . a fellowship of believers proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ through worship, nurture, and striving to exhibit the Kingdom of God to our community and the world.
September 25, 2022
16th Sunday after Pentecost
“I will praise the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praises to my God all my life long.” Psalm 146:2
You are invited to join us on Sunday for our 10:00 a.m. Worship Service in our sanctuary or with the broadcast on Facebook. The topic of Jerry Hammon’s sermon is “Recalling Lazarus” (16: 19-31; 1 Timothy 6:6-19.) The Chancel Choir will sing “Alleluia, Alleluia, Give Thanks to the Risen Lord.” Hymns for the service include “Rejoice Ye Pure in Heart” “The Church of Christ in Every Age,” and “This is My Father’s World.”
Monday Food Pantry Open, 9 – 11 a.m.
Wednesday Crafternooners, 1:00 p.m.
- The back bulletin board has sign-up sheets for several Mingus View activities! Greeters and hosts for Fellowship Hour are always needed. Habitat for Humanity loves to receive your homemade cookies for their volunteers. Please sign up and Emma Hall will deliver. Also, The Craft Fair Committee is asking you to sign up to bake for the Craft & Bake Sale in November.
- Fill the Crib! The ladies of Hope Circle invite you to join them in their mission project to benefit the local Stepping Stones Shelter. Donations of diapers, personal care products and cleaning products will be greatly appreciated and placed in the white crib in the Narthex. THANK YOU!
- Next Sunday is World Communion Sunday, a day we celebrate the Lord’s Supper with Christians all around the world. This is a great opportunity for each of us to call someone we haven’t seen in a long time, or invite someone new, to join us for this meaning observance of the sacrament.
- Food Pantry News – As always, thank you for all your donations. Our pantry continues to serve a large number of clients on Monday morning and lately, the Cupboard has been almost BARE! If you can manage an extra something when you go to the store this week, our community would greatly appreciate it!
- Looking Ahead! The Mission Team invites you to put on your best costume and participate in “Trunk or Treat” in the Mingus View parking lot on Halloween. Bring your favorite treats and come out to meet the neighbors!
- The Year of the Bible questions for the Week of September 25th are:
- Like Proverbs, what does Psalm 111 say is the beginning of wisdom?
- According to Hebrews, what cannot possibly take away sin?
Answers next week!!
Answers from last week:
1. What Persian king does God, in a prophecy of Isaiah, call “my shepherd”? (God calls the Persian king Cyrus “my shepherd.” Isaiah 44:28)
2. Hebrews tells us that Jesus is a priest along the lines of what mysterious Old Testament figure from the time of Abraham? (Hebrews calls Jesus a priest along the lines of the mysterious Old Testament figure Melchizedek. Hebrews 6 & 7)
THE YEAR OF THE BIBLE: Readings for September, 2022
Day 25 Isaiah 49, 50/ Hebrews 8 Day 26 Isaiah 51, 52/ Hebrews 9
Day 27 Isaiah 53, 54/ Psalm 108,109 Day 28 Isaiah 55, 56/ Hebrews 10
Day 29 Isaiah 57, 58/ Hebrews 11 Day 30 Isaiah 59, 60/ Psalms 110, 111
THE YEAR OF THE BIBLE: Readings for October, 2022
Day 1 Isaiah 61, 62/Hebrews 12 Day 2 Isaiah 63, 64/ Hebrews 13
Day 3 Isaiah 65 66/John 1 Day 4 Jeremiah 1, 2/Psalms 112, 113
Day 5 Jeremiah 3, 4/John 2 Day 6 Jeremiah 5, 6/ John 3
Day 7 Jeremiah 7, 8/Psalms 114,115 Day 8 Jeremiah 9, 10/ John 4
Day 9 Jeremiah 11,12/John 5 Day 10 Jeremiah 13, 14/ John 6
Day 11 Jeremiah 15, 16/Psalm 116 Day 12 Jeremiah 17, 18/ John 7